Communication theory and ICT is combined in a leadership training course at DSV, Stockholm University. The assignment in the course is based on the co-operation between a set of universities in USA, Europe, and Middle East. The mutual assignment is based on the use of ICT for Inter-Cultural and Inter-Faith Development
Via the use of ICT the students will train their communication skills with students from Stockholm University, Joensuu University, Stanford University, UC Berkeley, MIT, The University of Tehran, The University of Jordan, and more.
The students will learn a type of leadership that is focused on a cooperative communication in intercultural environments. They will work with ICT to design the communication that is needed for reaching agreements with people that have entirely different views of the world.
(7,5 credits), Starts 25 of January, Part-time until end of April.
*Preconditions for taking the course: The student should either have a bachelor degree or else be able to prove work experience with a high degree of communication experience
for more details click here
For all KTH PhD students at DSV.
Dear fellow ICT Ph.D. student!
The time for the Ph.D. Orientation Day has arrived!
When: Friday, October 23, 2009.
Where: Sal B, Forum
Hosted by the ICT Ph.D. Student Council
10:00–10:30 Welcome message by the Dean of graduate studies, and
vice-Dean of the ICT school, Calle Jansson. (Sal B)
10:30–12:00 Welcome by the ICT Ph.D. Student Council. (Sal B)
12:00–13:00 Lunch (Forum or Electrum restaurant, to be announced)
13:00–14:30 Campus tour
14:30–15:30 Fika (Forum or Electrum, to be announced)
Later in the evening: mingle downtown
Why should you attend the Ph.D Orientation Day:
- We will discuss your rights and duties as a Ph.D. student.
- We will describe the school organization and structure together with the Dean of graduate studies.
- We will introduce the ICT Ph.D. Student Council
- We will answer your questions regarding all aspects of Ph.D. Student life and work at ICT.
All the above can be extremely useful to you during your Ph.D. studies, as it was for us. So, join the meeting, and bring your colleagues with you!
See you then!
The ICT Ph.D. Student Council
DSV-PhD Workshop on Computer and Systems Sciences
Kista, Stockholm – November 27th, 2009
The purpose of the workshop is to provide an interactive forum for PhD candidates to discuss their research topics and share ideas within Computer and Systems Sciences.
All PhD students within Computer and Systems Sciences are encouraged to present their research in an informal but scientific manner.
The workshop will include:
- a keynote speaker presentation, by an expert in the field,
- an experience report, by a fresh PhD graduate,
- PhD student presentations.
Lunch and fika will be served.
Extended abstract of 1-2 pages, should be submitted in PDF format and should include motivation, research question, research approach, validation method and problems faced. Submissions must conform to Springer LNCS format available at:
- Oct 30th, 2009 Extended abstract submission deadline
- Nov 13th, 2009 Notification of presentation schedule
- Nov 20th, 2009 Registration (confirmation of participation)
- Nov 27th, 2009 Workshop
All extended abstracts will become publically available through the Computer and Systems Sciences PhD blog.
- General Chair: Anne Håkansson, Director of Post Graduate Studies
- Program Chair: Esmiralda Moradian, PhD representative at the DSV board
- Local Organizing Chair: Sumithra Velupillai, PhD Board Vice President and Natalja Nikitina, PhD Board treasurer
- Publicity Chair: Mohammed Khurram Shahzad, PhD Board President
- Session Chair: Constantinos Giannoulis, PhD Board Secretary
- Program committee: PhD Board (Esmiralda Moradian, Sumithra Velupillai, Natalja Nikitina, Mohammed Khurram Shahzad and Constantinos Giannoulis)
For any inquiries email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org