- Visit from Åsa Larsson, PhD ombudsman/representative at Stockholm University.
- Elections for the PhD Board 2010
Previous action list
- prepare PhD student’s feedback for the Scientific Writing course for Love; DSV PhD Board- pending
- collect feedback from students before the workshop
- discuss feedback n due time to provide suggestions during the workshop and have them approved by students
- send email recommendation to Love during the first week of December
- Plan for a meeting with Anne regarding course on writing papers and choosing conferences (referencing, etc.) for mid November (Constantinos) – pending
- Contact Ulf to discuss how could DSV and all units come closer to industry based on contacts (Constantinos & Natalja) – Constantinos has initiated contact with Growth for organizing a “speed-dating”-session, probably during the spring 2010.
- guest lectures,
- collaborative research work, etc.
- The Board for 2010 was elected:
- President: Constantinos Giannoulis
- Vice President: Sumithra Velupillai
- Secretary: Esmiralda Mouradian
- Treasurer: Magnus Johansson
- Representative at the DSV Department Board: Constantinos Giannoulis, Magnus Johansson (substitute)
- Representative at the Stockholm University Social Sciences Faculty Student Council and Board: Sumithra Velupillai
- DSV PhD Board Constitution should be written (Sumithra and Constantinos)
- Introduction day for new PhD students:
- An introduction day for new PhD students at the Social Sciences Faculty at Stockholm University is organized, Felicia Markus (firstname.lastname@example.org) should be contacted so that we can coordinate with the introduction day at DSV.
- The central Stockholm University Student Union is updating their webpage (www.sus.su.se) with links to local PhD boards, the DSV PhD Board will be added (Sumithra & Constantinos)
- Activities for 2010:
- Common reading courses: how to organize?
- Introduction day for new PhD students
- DSV PhD workshop