Present: Khurram, Sumithra, Constantinos, Natalja
- PhD Student Council meetings; meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month, therefore, for the remaining of this year, the planned meetings will be on May 6th, September 2nd, October 7th, November 4th & December 2nd.
- Elections for new position appointments will be held during the December meetings, along with initial planning of the coming year (regarding events, funding, etc.).
- A set of formal rules and procedures should be put in place covering the operations of the PhD Student Council. A first draft will be based on the regulations adopted by DISK, translated into English (Constantinos will prepare the initial draft and share it for comments and corrections).
- The DSV PhDs blog will be enriched with an additional page constituting a directory of members and their research interests. Furthmore, all DSV labs will be invited to provide their feeds (if any) to be embedded in the blog.
- Three events will be organized
- one pre summer (e.g. bbq)
- one early fall (orientation day*)
- Christmas (maybe along with the elections)
- weekly fikas (Mondays at 15:00 on the 6th floor)
- Budget to be requested for the events:
- around 1500sek for each of the 3 events
- 500sek for weekly meetups
- Updates from DISK, KTH, SU
- DISK:Natalja will probably attend their upcoming meeting and establish cooperation with them
- Provide them with a year plan (see above regarding events and budget)
- Plan a meeting with Love: Khurram will contact him and suggest a get-to-know-each-other meeting, possibly before the summer.
- set a date (roughly) and prepare a small booklet with info and practical tips
- accommodation issues (study certificates from SSSB, etc.)
- campus tour
- where and how to register for courses and which ones are compulsory
Leave a Reply